Help Me Giveaway 1000 Copies of From Spark to Flame
Whoa – did I ever underestimate the response from my offer to give away 100 copies of From Spark to Flame: Fanning Your Passion & Ideas into Moneymaking Magazine Articles that Make a Difference. I mean, I know we all enjoy receiving something for free, especially if it has some real value, which is one of the reason I decided to give away this book. The book is packed with valuable information for aspiring visionary writers.
So, I figured I wouldn’t have any real problem giving away a 100 copies before the kick off of the Nov. 1st Manifesto for Visionary Writers Bloginar. After all, the book outlines in rich detail the proven, systematic and purposeful process that I’ve used to write, publish and be paid for over 350 magazine articles amounting to 1,000s of dollars of revenue.
But, boy, did I ever underestimate the offer with the the 100 book mark being reached and exceeded the evening I opened the giveaway while Ann and I were eating dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant – that was less than 12 hours after I announced it!
Time to Rethink the Giveaway
To say I’m thrilled by this response would be a gross understatement. I’m speechless…okay, maybe not quite but close. I love the opportunity to give something that I know can really help people express themselves through their writing — that can make a difference while also making them some money. So, I’ve been rethinking the giveaway.
Why limit it to 100? That was my first thought, followed closely by, “I wonder how many books I could giveaway, say in the next ten days? 250? 500? 1000? Probably not without some help, but as Joe Cocker once sang, “with a little help from my friends,” who knows what we could do together?
So, the 100 book giveaway is complete. I’ll be sending those books out very soon.
Now, let’s see just how many copies of From Spark to Flame: Fanning Your Passion and Ideas into Moneymaking Magazine Articles that Make a Difference, we can giveaway in the next ten days. That’s right — we. I don’t know that many writers, but I know more today than I did yesterday, that’s for sure.
A Little Added Incentive to Share
I next started to ask myself what else could I offer that would encourage writers to share this book giveaway opportunity with others. Here’s what I came up with (thanks to some brainstorming ideas from my wife, Ann):
Everybody who requests a book by subscribing to this blog will not only receive the book but also will be entered into a drawing that will work this way:
- If/when we reach 250 books given away, I’ll pull a name from the hat and that person will receive a 45-minute phone coaching session with me.
- At 500 books given away, I’ll draw a second name from the hat and that person will also receive a 45-minute phone coaching session with me.
- Another name will be drawn at 750 for a 45-minute phone coaching session with me, and
- If we reach 1,000 books given away, a fourth name will be drawn.
The winners get to say what form the coaching will take. It can be about how to live your life more on purpose (I’ve been coaching folks in that for over 16 years), or it can be about your writing dreams and aspirations. (After all, I’ve been a professional writer for close to 25 years, so I can help you move forward there as well.)
Claim your copy of From Spark to Flame by:
- Subscribing to receive updates from this blog by just entering your primary email to the right (where it says “Subscribe to Updates by Email). (NOTE: Be sure to confirm your subscription when you receive the email asking you to do so. Books will only be emailed to confirmed subscribers. The confirmation will be coming from “Feed My Inbox”.)
That’s really all you have to do to receive your copy. You’ll receive your ebook PDF edition within a week. (I’ll compile the list of new folks joining the blog roll and send out the ebook at least once a week).
Now, I’d really appreciate if you’d also:
- Share this Book Giveaway and the Manifesto for Visionary Writers Bloginar with your writing friends so they can receive their own copy of From Spark to Flame.
- Go to my Visionary Authors page at Facebook and ‘like’ it.
- Once you’ve had a chance to look over the book, give me a positive review of it on Amazon
I want to be sure everyone receives their book that subscribed to the blog. If you haven’t seen a confirmation request email check in your spam folder for the message from “Feed My Inbox”. Periodically I’m sending out an instruction email to confirmed blog subscribers on how to download the ebook. That email is coming from coachbradATlifeonpurpose.com (AT is really @, of course). Look for future updates under the comment section of this post.
Phase 2 of the Giveaway started on Friday, October 14, 2011 and runs…well, until we giveaway 1,000 books or October 24, whichever comes first.
198 Books Already Claimed (Only 52 to go to reach 250 and the first drawing for a coaching session)
My good friend and brilliant writer, Joseph D’Agnese interviewed me yesterday and it’s now on his blog. Check it out.
Why I’m Giving Away these Books
I love creating win-win-win scenarios. I believe this giveaway is a perfect example:
- You receive a really valuable gift that can make a real difference in your writing career (It sure has for me)
- At the same time it helps me reach more writers that I can help through this blog and my upcoming bloginar
- The world ultimately benefits as well as more visionary writers step into their power
Win – Win – Win!